My Winter Style

Independent Fashion Bloggers Project has always pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me blog about things I usually don't. But after participating in a project, I am glad that I did it! Whether it is putting together an inspiration board or looking back at the whole year of blogging, IFB project has made me see the big picture! If you are a regular reader of my blog, you must have noticed that I don't do a lot of outfit posts. And guess what, IFB project #31 is about showcasing your winter style! So even though I am not usually an outfit poster, here I am - in my full winter glory! 
Winter for me has always been the season of joy! During my childhood in India, winter used to be the season of snuggling up cozily with my parents, during college it was the season to gossip over big cups of Chai with my hostel mates (that is dorm for you all natives!), and now it is the season to make cozy memories with my husband and little daughter! And I know about winter now! I have braved Snowpocalypse In Chicago people!! Coming back to the point - winter style - I believe winter fashion is about 2 things - style (of course) and layering! Specially in New York City where subway stations can be warm and streets very cold - you need to be ready to take it up or take it down a notch! I also like to add style via accessories - a trendy scarf or a cool pair of leg warmer or pop of color via outerwear!


1. Cardigan- Ann Taylor, Scarf- NYC street vendor, Boots- Target,  Leg Warmers- Urban outfitters
2. Coat - Guess, Shoes- Target, Jeans- Forever 21
3. Shawl- Gift from India, Belt- Burberry, Boots- Etienne Aigner (See DIY Sawl Cape Here)

Recently I had blogged about winter wardrobe essentials and you can see below that I wear what I write about! And 
yes - this is frozen water on the rocks behind me!!! But even frozen lakes can't hold me back from celebrating winter and jumping with joy!!
Parka Coat- DKNY (Macy's), Snow Boots- Amazon, Scarf- Burberry, Ear Muffs - Uncle Dan's 
Stay warm everybody. Celebrate winter in style and make cozy memories!