Happy Birthday Marc Jacobs!

Happy 49th Birthday Marc Jacobs!!!


Today is the birthday of the driving force behind Louis Vuitton and his own eponymous label Marc Jacobs along with it's diffusion line Marc by Marc Jacobs. He's been credited on the TIME 100 "Most Influential People In the World" list and landed the spot og number 12 on Out's Magazine  "50 Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America"...


It's Marc Jacobs 49th birthday today!












In honour of his birthday, I wanted to share with you fashionista's what I associate Marc with when I think of him!

The Marching Band. In the spring of  06' a marching band
introduced the models in Marc's show. The marching band he
enlisted to help him were the Penn State marching band.


When Marc headed up his own perfume ad campaign!


She's one of my favourite actresses of all time and I loved seeing her model for Marc!

"I did my best, in a very first degree way to do
what I think Stephen would have done, or has done in terms of fashion" -Marc Jacobs. 

My FAVOURITE Louis Vuitton collaboration to date and the funkiest one is my opinion was the Stephen
Sprouse collections [in 2001 and 2009]. My favourite pieces from the collection were the sneakers,
the graffiti Speedy 30 and the later Rose Neverfull that premiered in 2009.
The Stam bag. This bag will go down in history as one
of the classic "it" bags of all time. When this bag came out,
I remember how EVERYONE used to carry it, whether it was real
or fake. Funnily enough, at the Christmas sale at Selfridges
when this bag was ridiculously popular, there was a LONGGG queue
at the Marc Jacobs concession because everyone wanted
to get their hands on a Stam bag. It was seen on the arms [or shoulders]
of Hilary Duff, Nicole Richie, Jennifer Lopez, Kate Beckinsale
and so many more celebrities! This bag was truly adored by everyone.

I remember flicking through Teen Vogue when I started to
collect it and looking on the first page and seeing this ad.
I thought it was so cool and different and I loved reading
an interview he did when talking about the idea behind it.

The notorious Grunge Collection that Marc debuted at New York Fashion Week S/S om 1992 when he was at Perry Ellis.




When Marc received the Ordre des Arts des Lettres [Order of Arts
and Letters] award. This is a highly prestigious award and an Order of France.

So once again I would like to wish Marc Jacobs are very happy and I will continue to love and support him in all his fashion endeavours ;) 

Once again...



Enjoy this Stam cake ;)




Peace and love,

Ashley the Fashionista


xoxo