Quick Celebrity Pregnancy Weight Loss Distorting Our Reality??

Before I say something about celebrity moms' weight gain and weight loss, I want to clear 2 things -
1. I am a fitness enthusiast. I feel good about working out, respect people who exercise and eat right, and maintain a healthy weight (whatever that number is for their body!) So I have nothing against people who focus on keeping fit. I am all for it!
2. This post is not about regular weight loss and the reality of it, it is about new mothers losing pregnancy weight.
Now where was I? Yes, celebrity new-mom weight loss and the reality new-mom weight loss! Before I go any further - just look at these images!
Jessica Alba just months after having a baby

Kate Hudson slim again very soon!

Miranda Kerr mere months after  having her son

Heidi Klum walked the Victoria's secret Runway after only 8 weeks of giving birth!
BeyoncĂ© just after 4 weeks of having her daughter,  Jessica Alba 4 months after having her second baby!
Now I know these women depend on looking a certain way, having to conform to industry requirements of the body image and they have the means and resources to get in shape without sacrificing much. But when we see images like these all around, somehow their weight loss timeline and style becomes the norm! (talk about pressure on sleep deprived, tired and overwhelmed new mothers who may not have personal chefs and trainers!) There are people who can lose weight easily, some have better metabolism, and some really can work out and eat right with military discipline, but in all practicality, it is almost impossible for an average new mother to look like BeyoncĂ© or Miranda Kerr or Jessica Alba mere weeks after having a baby! It took me almost 8 months to lose those 40 extra pounds I had gained during my pregnancy! (You can read my weight loss story here
In India, we are not a particularly fitness obsessed society. In fact up until last decade, there was a concept of "being too thin' and curvy body meant you are happy and prosperous in life!! So when Indian media and blogosphere went beserk over the weight gain of one of India's biggest celebrities and Bollywood star, it made me really think!! Indian actress and former Miss world (whom Oprah also believed to one of the most beautiful women on Earth) gave birth in November 2011. She seems to be a non-celebrity and an everyday woman when it comes to losing baby weight and people don't seem to grasp this!!
Cut her some slack! She looks beautiful still!

Before - Movie start; After - A woman who gave birth mere 4 months ago. I say,  images are about right!
For them the incredible, almost magical time line of re-gaining the pre-baby body of most celebrities has become so normal that when they see Aishwarya unable to don a bikini after 4 weeks of birth, they are confused!! She is being commented on, even ridiculed and taunted for being 'fat' now! I want her to be fit again and may be go back to her pre-baby weight but I'd give her at least 8 months (that I took) before I offer her a subscription to Jenny Craig!
Do you think the magical weight loss of celebrity moms sometimes distorts our perception of fitness and pregnancy weight loss?
Connect with me on -