The Swing Jacket, White Jeans, Red Shoes And A SAHM* Smile!

*Stay At Home Mom (SAHM)
"So, do you work?" 
"Ummm..yes."
 "Where?" 
"At Home!"
"Ah..OK!"  
I had this conversation recently with a 'working' mother (is there any other kind?)! I know working mothers are superwomen, they handle work, home, kids, spouse and family so well.  But it does not mean that stay at home moms have it any easier! 3 years ago I was one of those working women! After much deliberation, I decided to stay at home with my kid. I admit, I miss working in a structured work-place, having adult conversations for the large part of my day and most of all I miss getting dressed up every morning!  But this was a conscious decision. I chose to stay at home! And believe me - challenging doesn't even start to cover this profession!  But it feels odd and somewhat infuriating when people think if you are stay at home mom, you just kick your legs up on the coffee table and watch soaps all day! We just don't 'stay' at home people! We run errands, cook, clean, teach, sing, dance, play, drive, blog, take kids to places, set up play -dates, bake for school, read to their class, and watch our hard work translate into something! In a way we are 24/7 working professionals with no sick days and dental! Holla to the SAHM!! (I told ya I was eloquent!)
Coming to the outfit - this Ann Taylor swing jacket was my work wardrobe staple - with pencil skirts, trousers, slim fit pants and even with bootcut jeans on casual days! I am not working in an office but this jacket still gets the attention it deserves - if only from the the cute little ones!
BTW, I am linking this post to Fashion Friday and Monday Mingle See you there!



Seeing double! I really need a clone to handle all the work I have as SAHM!
Jacket - Ann Taylor
Jeans - Forever 21
Shoes - Target
Get this look here (on any budget!) -
I salute working mothers for all they do and respect stay at home moms for their hard work! BTW, what's your verdict on this jacket?
For daily dose of style delights, connect with me on-