Inspiration New York - How To Wear A Button Down Shirt This Spring

I had a chance meeting of someone from publishing world in a party long time ago. I was working in corporate world  at the time and casually mentioned my dream job of working for a fashion magazine. "If you are serious about this", he said, "and  if you have the option of living anywhere in the world and New York, always pick New York!" I had forgotten about the incident until I actually moved to New York and realized what the publishing guy meant! People here know how to dress up! (I am talking about my experiences of American cities, so please pardonne moi if you don't see European cities discussed in my post!) I see people on New York streets, dressed as if they are straight out of a fashion magazine!! I have spotted some really chic styles on the subways! (There are some exceptions of course!) New York style is so eclectic, unique, chic and fearless! The city always inspires me to dress better, put my best foot forward so to speak! One piece of clothing that I always turn to when in doubt - a button down shirt! Inspired by New York style, I created 3 looks for today's post where button down shirt takes center stage with the help of updates accessories! I imagine a chic woman strolling in the cobbled street of SoHo, exploring art galleries in East Village, and tasting a gourmet snack at Chelsea Market, dressed simply, but still turning heads!

More information about this look here

More information about this look here

More information about this look here
And here is something I always want to say to someone I see on the New York city streets with amazing pair of shoes-
Image via Pinterest
How do you describe the style of your town/neighborhood? And Do you also do the double take when you see them shoes on someone??
Connect with me here -
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket 


PS. I am linking this post on Fashion Friday, see you there!