Pink Silk Shirt, Metallic Skirt, And A Journey From New Delhi To Idaho!

As an immigrant, I have had amazing experiences in this great country, all of them good, some of them outright hilarious! I think, if you have always lived in the US, there are so many experiences you may never have - for example, the feeling, when you land in Boise, Idaho - a quaint little mountain town - (I am talking about almost a decade ago!) from New Delhi - one of the busiest, noisiest and most populated cities in the world! {oh, the beautiful chaos, and the method in the madness!} May be If I'd landed in New York, I wouldn't have felt the impact! But in Boise, everything felt QUIET!! As if my internal noise button was suddenly switched off! Really, the first thing I noticed after landing in Boise, Idaho was that there was no car honking!! In the evening, the neighborhoods became eerily silent. Where people smiled at you, and waited patiently for you to turn first on a 4 way stop road! And the gorgeous countryside remained unchanged for decades! The potato fields, snake river, and miles and miles of winding road on Interstate 84! I now live in another busy, noisy and populated metropolitan city and I am enjoying all that it has to offer, but it's interesting how difficult it is to re-calibrate myself! I lived most of my life in busy India, and now I live in fast-paced New York, but the 3 years spent in Idaho forever changed my life, perspective and in a way my dreams too! It showed me the importance of slowing down! The lazy days and calm nights of Boise gave me time to re-connect with myself, it gave me the silence I needed but hardly got before to listen to my heart! The City of Trees still owns a piece of me!
I am a wardrobe preserver. The clothes I love, I keep them for years. This pink shirt was bought almost 8 years ago. In Boise, Idaho! I love it and I love Boise!  I will be styling this shirt in different ways in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!



Shirt (similar here) - JC Penney
Skirt (similar here) and Necklace (similar here)- Ann Taylor
Floral Clutch- DSW
Pumps (similar here) - Nine West
Is there a place that owns a piece of your heart? If you are an immigrant- what was the first thing that you noticed about your adopted home?
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket 

I am linking this post on Visible Monday See you there!!