Reverse Style - How To Take A Dress From Night To Day!

I read a lot of tips about how to take a daytime dress to night, but not very many ideas about how to take an evening appropriate dress into the day without losing the character of the dress! (Yes, outfits and dresses have characters. At least mine do!) So here it is - A leopard print, strapless, mini dress - worn in a more casual style.



I wore this dress for an evening party last year and since then it was just hanging in my closet. I wanted to use it more, but for some reason (may be my conservative style is to blame here) couldn't wear it in a more casual setting.  Then an idea hit me like the hidden ATM fee - tone it down a bit! Because the print of the dress is so 'out there' I decided to balance it with a simple black T-shirt. 


At the time this picture was taken, I didn't realize I will use it on my blog, hence the cropped-make-do image! But I hope you get the idea:-)




Note: I am wearing the T-shirt backwards, i.e. the front of the T-shirt is in the back, so the neckline of the T-shirt doesn't clash with the neckline of my dress. And to give the dress the roar it deserves, I am wearing the red heels! A layering necklace completes the look!
Here Is How To Take A Dress From Night To Day


 Dress - Express
T-shirt - OP (Walmart! $4)
Necklace, Bracelet - Ann Taylor
Shoes - Franco Sarto

Get the leopard dresses here-